Vandemoortele is strongly committed to sustainable palm oil sourcing already since 2009. In 2014, we launched our 'Vandemoortele palm oil sourcing charter' with ambitious targets for deforestation-free and exploitation-free palm oil. We are now pleased to share our 'Sustainable palm oil progress report 2016'. This publication summarises the progress we made in 2016 towards compliance with our charter and formulates our ambitions for 2017 and beyond.
Highlights for 2016 are:
• 100% of the palm oil for our consumer brands is certified sustainable
• We reached 93% traceability to mill level for all the palm oil we bought
• We continued to engage with our suppliers to work towards transformation in the supply chain
Our outlook for 2017:
• We will continue to work towards achieving 100% traceability back to mill
• We will contribute to transformation on the ground by co-financing field assessments in Indonesia or Malaysia
By 2020 we aim to fully comply with the criteria of zero deforestation and zero exploitation palm oil.
Shaping a tasty future responsibly!